Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, November 28, 2011

Running the Gauntlet

Well...It's only three weeks until finals. I can't say I'm remotely as close to being done as I originally expected, but with perseverance, patience, hard work, and a lot of patience and help from my sweet wife, I am running the gauntlet. What I have learned so far is that comic art is extremely difficult to rush, but more importantly, time must be allowed for mistakes, processes, and just plain work. I've also learned that finding individual style can be simple. It takes a long time for personal style to be obvious and natural, but having read dozens of comics by dozens of artists and writers, I can truly say that I have gleaned what I liked in terms of style and attempted to throw my own twist into the batter and push blend. Though I feel often inadequate, inexperienced, and prone to mistakes, what has begun to peek its head out of the ashes has startled me with happiness. It will take longer than originally planned, much longer it seems, but each time I put pencil to paper I'm shaping the world of Shedyra for others to enjoy, and that is a blessing and a personal dream of mine. Not everyone gets to fulfill their dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment