Thursday, September 10, 2009
something to say
well, i havent posted in a while, because i usually dont talk for the sake of talking, rather i only talk when i feel like i have something to say. So here I am. I have something to say. Today i talked about this blog with a friend at school who was kinda interested and i realized that I haven't written in a while but i kept talking about how much these ideas and art mean to me, and so i decided to say that i love the Mythos that i have created these past eight years, and that i am committed to carrying it through the best that i can. My question today is, should i create my "graphic fiction" as a webcomic first to generate buzz and look forward to publishing later, or just go for it as a volume of graphic literature and find a publisher? I am totally open to your ideas here- in fact, i want them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm thinking maybe a webcomic. Not so much as those short ones that you see around where there is maybe two or three pages worth of a story, but something that keeps going with regular release dates and such, not to mention a website of its own.
ReplyDeleteBut then again, that's pretty big to start off with. Maybe for starters you could buy a Premium membership at DA and then submit your work a page at a time; that way you're testing the waters without concern of someone stealing your work (As a premium member, all of your submitted work is automatically copyrighted for you. There are other forms of copyright that you can select too that involve permissions and such).
There is this one artist on DA; his page is adonihs.deviantart.com. He's doing a graphic novel called "Last Man Standing". He uses DA to advertise for it with sneak previews and such whilst giving you the link to a seperate page that is dedicated completely to the project.
If you do anything, I think you should do something like what he's got going on. Its a great idea for pulling in readers and fans.